Monday, June 1, 2009

2009 NBA Finals

Alrighty, so the 2009 NBA Finals are set, we have the Orlando Magic, who surprisingly took care of the Cleveland Cavs in six games, versus (my beloved) Los Angeles Lakers, who beat the Denver Nuggets in six.

Now, I'm gonna look at this series with a bit of a biased slant to it. The Orlando Magic did sweep the season series against the Lakers during the regular season but that really doesn't mean much now. When it comes down to it, the Lakers' experience will pull them over the edge. The sized and strength of Dwight Howard will take its toll on the Laker big men, but the Laker front court can hold their own. They are much more athletic than the Cavs' big men.

Another problem the Magic can cause against the Lakers are their outside shooting from Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu. The Lakers match up better than the Cavs did, who left me confused from their own matchups against the Magic. They surely can get hot but can they stay hot the entire series to beat the Lakers four times? I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I think this will be a very exciting, competitive Finals. I know the whole world was waiting for LeBron v. Kobe...But I've been thinking, if LeBron carried the Cavs into the Finals all by himself, would he have enough to make it a competitive series against Kobe and the Lakers? We will never know! My prediction...Lakers in 6!

No comments: