Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back from L.A., again

Just got back yesterday from a little getaway to L.A. We had people from the Philippines over our place for the past couple of weeks and a trip to L.A. was on their agenda so we decided to drive them down there. We also got to see my nieces and nephew again before they headed back home to Maryland. It was a very nice weekend.

It started off with a nice late afternoon on Saturday at the ballpark with my friends watching a little minor league baseball. And right after, we drove down to L.A. at about 10:30 at night. We arrived at 5 in the morning. It was a nice stressfree drive without the heat and traffic. After a good day of sleep and relaxing, Saturday found its way into Sunday, where we visited my mom's aunt and had some great BBQ and one of my favorite Filipino dishes, kare-kare. It was delicious!

Then, Monday was fun day, we drove down to Port Hueneme, where my cousin, who is in the Navy, is stationed. We got to spend the day with the kids by the beach. Oxnard is a quiet little agricultural place with a pretty nice quiet beach. It was nice to just lay back, fly some kites, build sandcastles and play around with my nieces and my nephew.

We got back yesterday after a nice, hot drive back home in the afternoon.

No comments: