Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Breakin' It Down

Way back in the day, I was a break-dancer. Yup, at age 3, I was a b-boy. Thanks to my babysitter's grandkids, I would watch them at their little get-togethers spin, pop 'n lock, flare. It was awesome, I wanted to do all that. I wanted to spin on my butt. And because of all that my favorite movie became Breakin'.

We recently got Showtime free for the next few months and there was Breakin' showing. I immediately searched for the next showing and had to get it on my DVR. It wasn't the greatest movie ever but seeing all those moves again was awesome! I had to record the amazing sequence of Turbo sweeping outside of the grocery store. I was so enthralled by that, the simple beat, the strong but short moves, the sprinkling of a bit of 'magic'. You could get all that by just sweeping the sidewalk. I wanted to do all that!


No comments: