Sunday, December 6, 2009

Annual Helping Hands

On Saturday, I accompanied my mom at the annual Helping Hands event where we worked with Applied Materials, who my mom used to work for before she got laid off, and Second Harvest Food Bank to help pack food boxes for those who need it. We've done this for about 5 years or so and always love to do so. It is a great chance to help people. I also get to see how other people work and how they work with others. Some are great to work with and others not so much.
My experience at this one was a bit different, usually I was the one packing the cans of food into the boxes, but this year I stepped away from that, and I guess one reason was because of those who I was working around. Anyway, I volunteered to shrink wrap the pallets of boxes that came to the back area. I did get a good high from going 'round and 'round the pallets. It was certainly a great time and look forward to it next year.

No comments: